11/12/08

The African Children's Choir

On Tuesday night, I had the privilege of watching the African Children's Choir perform right here in Logan. It was truly the most incredibly rewarding cultural performance I've ever seen. I sat in the front row, which proved to be the best seat in the house. During the show, a few children came down from off the stage and had some of the people in the front row stand up and dance with them. I was one of them. I loved every second of this performance-I just wanted to take every one of those kids home! (All of these kids are orphans or were abandoned. The African Children's Choir performs all around the world, and with the money they raise, the choir gives back to the kids by providing each child with food, shelter, and a proper education.) I wanted to post a video of the choir, but unfortunately, my computer skills are not up to par. Until I get that figured out, you'll find off to the left side of my blog a small sequence of videos. The last two clips are actual video clips they showed us at the performance. Please watch them! These children's happiness and enthusiasm are absolutely contagious. You really can't help but smile

Their slogan: Helping Africa's most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow








2 comments:

Ands. said...

Africans! Just like the one's Jake is serving.

(P.S. Al, yes. I have a blog now. Can't believe I did it.)

UtahJenny said...

This is why I want to live in Logan again someday - I loved all of the cultural programs offered!!!

Glad you are taking advantage of it all!