11/22/08

Oh Happy Day!

Once again, I have neglected to keep up to date on my blog. There have been a couple things that have happened since I last blogged on Thursday.

First of all, I told you it was Anniversary on having my eyes get better. Well, I was determined for Thursday to be another great day for me. I had heard about this competition that was going on on campus (Bestor's Best Singer Competition-it is equivalent to American Idol, but it only happens here in Utah. Kurt Bestor, a world famous composer, pianist, and singer, is searching for a whole new sound for his 20th Annual Christmas Concert.) Anyway-at first I thought, "Naw-I won't go audition. I know I won't get it anyway. Why try?", but then I remembered that I needed to make it a great day. At the very last second, I auditioned! (I sang "Amazing Grace". I felt it was perfectly fitting for the day. "Was blind, but now I see"! :) ) Way random for me, I know, but I am so glad I went. I didn't make it to the next round, but hello! I couldn't care less. It was a great experience! Kurt told me that he loved my voice and especially enjoys the richness of it. He also told me that some people try to sound like their favorite singers, but he said that was not my case. I was totally original and he really liked that. What more could I ask for? Maybe next time though......
Oh and after I left my audition, a news reporter interviewed me. Oh yes-I was in the newspaper!






When I got home from classes and the audition, I came home to this scene.

My first thought was, "Oh crap. Someone stole our couches!". Then my roommates informed me that we were just getting brand new couches :)

Later on that night, Brynne, Emily, and I went to Enrichment night, and I had so much freaking fun! I found some new friends in my ward so....yeah that was pretty much fantastic. Afterwards, the three of us went to visit Brynne's friend D.J. Brynne and D.J. studied for their Biology test while D.J's roommate, Emily, and I played Rockband. That was also great. I've never played it before and I pretty much rocked the house with the vocals :) Can you tell I was pretty proud of myself? :) We went outside and found that Emily's car had been booted. Everyone was laughing except Brynne. :) We got the boot taken off after we had talked to the "booter" and discovered it was all just a misunderstanding. Oh happy day! Man-what a great day!

No comments: