1/26/09

To Be or Not to Be


So tonight I had my first voice lesson through the University. I got along with my instructor really well and after a couple warm ups, she asked me to sing for her, just so she could see exactly what she was working with. After I sang, she asked what my major was. I told her that I am undeclared, and then she told me I should consider being a Vocal Performance major. She told me that I was incredibly talented and that I had amazing potential, and even though I'm not fully trained, I already sounded just as good, if not better than half of the people already going through the program. Coming from a person with a Masters in Vocal Performance, I was quite flattered. She told me about a scholarship opportunity, where if I ended up getting it, all my schooling would be paid for. I explained to her that I already had a full-ride scholarship, and she told me that in that case, the program would pay me to go to school. How dang cool is that? But here's my dilemma-it's actually been a toss up since I got into college-do I become a musics major or not? So many decisions.....

3 comments:

Jim & Karyn Anderson said...

I already knew you have a beautiful voice! I too am a vocal master! LOL Mom

J.C. & Tiana said...

Ali, I think you should do it. Anyone who can get paid to go to school should take full advantage.

Meg and Brad said...

Ali - that is awesome - and you should take them up on the opportunity!! You are good - and it's all because you come from awesome genes!!!